In order to continually improve your golf game, it is important to stay on top of your training and receive personalized instruction to focus on your strengths. Signing up for our summer golf camps for juniors is the perfect way to stay active this summer, continue to improve on your game and test your skills against fellow juniors. We’ve highlighted five reasons to attend our golf camp this summer:
1. Train with the Best Junior Coaches in the Country
The Leadbetter Junior Golf Academy is led by 2018 LGA Instructor of the Year and 2018 Gold Digest Best Young Teachers in America honoree, Txema Sanchez. Txema has coached some of the world’s top juniors to enormous success including Second-Team All-American Jorge Garcia and NCAA star, Maria Fassi who has achieved the most prestigious honors an NCAA athlete can be awarded in her time at the University of Arkansas.
Txema leads the following team of expert instructors who specialize in junior development:
- Sean Hogan, GOLF Top 100 Instructor since 2015.
- Brett Meyer, Golf Digest’s Best Young Teacher in America honoree in 2017 and 2018.
- Andrew Oliphant, coach of Oh Ji Young, who became Golfweek’s #1 Female Player and earned an LPGA Tour victory.
- Andy Leadbetter, specialist in junior golf development having spent years in China perfecting his coaching techniques.
- Mike Sanabria, Leadbetter Golf Academy veteran having coached junior players to success for numerous years.
- Trevor Hypolite, fitness specialist with 18 years of experiencing training the country’s top junior golfers.
- Dr. Bob Winters, mental toughness specialist and award-winning author.
2. Receive Unparalleled 5:1 player/coach ratio During Every Week of our Summer Golf Camps
LJGA is proud to offer the most individualized summer camp in the nation, promising a 5:1 player/coach ratio during every week of camp. David Leadbetter prides LJGA on being a “boutique academy”, providing the most individualized and holistic training programs. Our unparalleled ratio allows you to focus on improving the weaknesses of your game while enhancing your strengths. Through fully customized training, we are able to help you improve in a short amount of time.
3. Test Your Skills and Become Friends with Fellow Junior Golfers
Attending a junior golf camp allows you to test your skills among fellow junior golfers. In our camps, you will be grouped with other players around your age and skillset, making for friendly competition and a lot of learning. Who knows, maybe you’ll end up being collegiate teammates down the road!
4. Stay Active and Improve Your Golf Fitness
Our fitness expert, Trevor Hypolite has worked closely with David Leadbetter to create the perfect blend of educational resources and training drills to help you learn about the importance of fitness and how to improve upon your strengths. Posture is an incredibly important aspect for every amateur and professional player, alike. Trevor works to educate you on the importance of posture, along with hydration, nutrition and flexibility. He creates individualized fitness programs that will help you determine your strengths in your time at summer camp. From there, he teaches you how to develop custom fitness programs to work as season progresses throughout the year.
5. Experience the Luxurious Orlando, Florida
LJGA facilities are surrounded by 36 holes of Greg Norman-designed golf courses located at ChampionsGate Golf Resort. We are also on the same property at Omni Orlando Resort which features a par-3 course, mini golf, a fitness center, spa, restaurants and an aquatic center featuring a lazy river. Additionally, summer camp attendees will stay at our luxurious LJGA housing located within steps of the golf course.